How to Stream Videos Online directly from URL
Did you ever wish to play a video online, instead of downloading?
Today, I will show you how you can easily play any videos online from the URL (download link of the video) directly from any device or browser.
I will show your 3 methods in which you can stream or play video files online without downloading them and without losing any quality.
Check all three of them so that you don't feel any problem.
I will also write down the advantages and disadvantages of each method, so you can choose which method to apply for streaming the video file online.
Online Video Player Tool
The first method is to use an Online video playing tool to play the video files directly from the browser without downloading them, like streaming the whole video content from the URL or the download link. Just follow these steps:
- Open Online Video Player
- Open another tab and then copy the download link of the video.
- Paste the download link or the video URL in the Online Video Player.
- Play the video and enjoy!
This is the easiest and most simple method among the three of them. Now, let's check the advantages and disadvantages of this method.
Advantages of Using Online Video Player
These are the advantages of using the Online Video Player for streaming video URL:
- You don't need any external application, just need a browser.
- Can use Online Video Player on any device.
- Easy to use.
- Once the video file is loaded (needs good internet speed), the video plays normally like a downloaded file.
Disadvantages of Using Online Video Player
These are the disadvantages of using the Online Video Player to play video URL:
- Don't support all video formats. Online Video Player helps you to stream videos online directly from your browser, so it only supports the formats that your browser is compatible with.
VLC Media Player Network Stream
This method requires the use of media playing software, VLC.
The VLC media player is a free open source software for playing various media files and is available on all platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, etc.
However, this method does not work on the android VLC media player. To play video files from URL, using VLC player follow these steps:
- Open the VLC media player on your windows.
- Click on the Media option and then open the network stream, or you can simply press Ctrl+N on your keyboard.
- Enter the URL of your video (download link of the video file).
- Click on Play and enjoy!
This method may seem a little complex than using an Online Video playing tool, but once you know how to do it, it has its own advantages.
Advantages of Using VLC Media Player Network Stream
These are the advantages of using the Network stream option of VLC Player:
- You can play almost any format of Video file.
- You can also play audio files using VLC Player.
Disadvantages of Using VLC Media Player Network Stream
These are the disadvantages of using VLC Player to play videos Online:
- You need to use an external application (VLC).
- It not available on the android version of VLC Player, so it won't work on all devices.
MX Player Network Stream
This method also requires the use of an android application, MX Player. MX Player app is a video player that can play all video formats. It is a free application and is available on Google Play Store.
You can also play videos directly from URL using MX Player on your android device, just use the following steps:
- Install MX Player app on android device.
- Open MX Player and go to the Local app options.
- Click on the Network Stream option and paste the video URL.
- Now click on the "OK" button and enjoy your online video.
This method can come in pretty handy for android phone users. But, it also has some demerits.
Advantages of Using MX Player Network Stream
These are the advantages of using the Network stream option of MX Player:
- MX Player app can play all Video formats.
- It can also play audio files.
Disadvantages of Using MX Player Network Stream
These are the disadvantages of using MX Player to play videos Online:
- You have to install an extra application on your smartphone.
- The network stream option is only available on the android version of the MX Player app.
- The free version of the MX player app has a lot of advertisements, so you might see an ad every time you pause your video while playing it online.
Online Video Playing from URL without downloading the video file can be pretty useful in your everyday life.
You can check the quality of large video files before downloading them, which can save a lot of time for you.
Also, you can watch videos online without downloading, when your smartphone is low on space.
I personally like using the Online Video Player tool, and when I found a video quality that is not supported then I choose the next 2 methods.
Which method do you like using the most? Comment it down.