Today, I will show you can add custom search descriptions for your blog posts on Blogger. Search descriptions for posts play an important role in your blog posts SEO and help your posts to rank better on Google SERP Pages.
What is a Search Description?
Search Description also known as Meta Description is a short description that explains the topic of the article or blog post you have written. Generally, it can be seen in SERP pages below the title of your post, just like the image shown below.
It helps the Search engine to understand the user's search intent and show them a better result. So, the more related your search description is with the user's query, the higher you will be ranked on the SERP page. So, as you can see, Search description plays a major role for both website visitors and Search engines.
How to Enable Search Description in Blogger Post?
In Blogger, if you want to write a search description for each post, then first you have to enable the option for writing the Search Description. Just follow these steps to enable Search Description in Blogger.
- Log in to your Blogger dashboard and choose the Blog.
- Now, go to the Blogger settings.
- Scroll down to the Meta Tags Section.
- Turn on "Enable Search Description" Option
- Write a good description for your website in the Search Description.
Now, if you go to the blog posts section, create a new blog post or just click on edit of old blog posts, you will see that on the right-hand side in the post settings, a new option is available. Search Description is now available for every blog single post on your website.
How to write an SEO-friendly Search Description?
Now that you already know how to enable Search Description in Blogger, only one question remains. How to write an SEO-friendly Search description for your blog post?
The answer is pretty simple. Just explain what is your blog post about and remember to follow these tips.
- Only add 130-140 characters as the search description.
- Make it short but add the topics you covered in your post.
- Add your targeted keyword in the search description.
- Do not spam the same keyword multiple times.
- Add long-tail keywords related to your targeted keyword.
- Always use relevant keywords.